The TENETS of The Church of the Lord (Prayer Fellowship) Worldwide
The Church of the Lord (Prayer Fellowship) Worldwide is conscious of her mission to spread the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ to every nooks and corner of the world.
The cross of Christ Jesus is our Guide.
The Church of the Lord (Prayer Fellowship) is a revealed Covenant church from above. The solid foundation of the Church is laid on LOVE, FAITH and HOPE. Every adherent of the Church is enjoined to abide and practise these virtues.
The six tenets of the church can be described as
The six tenets of the church can be described as:
a) • PENTECOSTAL IN POWER
b) • BIBLICAL IN PATTERN
c) • EVANGELICAL IN MISSION
d) • PROPHETIC IN MINISTRY
e) • SOCIAL IN RESPONSIBILITY
f) • ECUMENICAL IN OUTLOOK
• Biblical in pattern in the sense that in all matters of Faith, Conduct, Doctrine, Rituals, Character and Discussions, our Supreme Court of Appeal is the Holy Bible. Thus the Holy Bible is our Spiritual Constitution.
• Pentecostal in power in the sense that the Spirit of our Lord Jesus Christ is the Administrator of the Church through which the Church is guided, directed, filled, influenced, administered and managed. Our power of attorney is: “IN JESUS NAME”.
• Evangelical in Mission in the sense that we carry the Gospel to the nooks and corners of the world, and we preach the good news to all irrespective of background, race or gender. Matthew 28:19-20; says: “Therefore, go and make disciple of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always to the very end of age.” (Matthew 28: 19-20).
• Prophetic in Ministry in the sense that God endowed the Founder of the Church and promised to endow all that will follow him with prophetic virtue for the benefit of mankind. This is the genesis and the pillar on which TCLPFW is anchored. The gifts of prophecy, dream, vision, revelation, speaking in tongues, healing, signs and wonder, teaching and administration, and so on are bestowed on the Church. On outpouring of the Spirit, the LORD said in Joel: “And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my spirit in those days.” (Joel 2: 28-29).
• Social in Responsibility in the sense that the Church believes it should be a blessing to the community where the Church is situated and the inhabitants of the state in general. We therefore, endeavour to provide social amenities through the NGO of the Church – “Justice, Equity, Peace and Empowerment Foundation (JEPEF)”.
• Ecumenical in outlook in the sense that we embrace and encourage brotherly and sisterly love among the believers, and we do not forsake the saints, for the prayer of the High Priest - our Lord Jesus Christ – for the church is, “That they may one” (John 17:21). We believe in “Unity-In-Diversity” and share in fellowship, unity in the bond of peace of peace with all believers who worship and serve Jesus Christ as Lord, Saviour and Redeemer. We are told in 1. Corinthians 12: 12-13; that: The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though its parts are many, they form one body. So it it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body – whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free – and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.” (1. Corinthians 12: 12-13). And our Lord Christ Jesus in John 17: 20-21; said: “My prayer is not for them alone, I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.” (John 17: 20-21).
The Most Rev. Dr. Rufus Okikiola OSITELU
(PhD Computer Science; PhD Religious Studies
The Pope of Aladura Communion Worldwide (ACW)
The Primate of The Church of the Lord (Prayer Fellowship) Worldwide [TCLPFW].